Program Name: myIntegrity Mentor Program
Duration: 24 Months
Program Investment: $595/month
The myIntegrity Mentor Program puts the Mentee at the heart of the program. The Program focus is on helping Mentees move through their journey from new to industry, settling in to the industry, growing their business and, ultimately, helping Mentees build the career and life they want.
Mentor selection is a crucial part of this journey in becoming a successful Mortgage Broker. Alignment of expectations, deliverables and commitment levels is a significant factor in the likelihood of a successful pairing. The myIntegrity Mentor Program is designed with two distinct sections, which are delivered in unison to maximise learning outcomes and minimise time interruptions for Mentees.
One-to-One Mentoring (Coaching)
This is where individual Mentees and Mentors engage directly with one another. There is flexibility in terms of the structure of these engagements, although Mentors and Mentees agree to achieve and meet minimum deliverables so that expectations of both parties can be met.
The Business Matters workshops are Instructor-led and encourage interactive participation with Peers and provides direct access to experienced Industry Specialists and Brokers who have successfully made the transition, so Mentees can understand the industry in a deeper and more meaningful way.
- Broker Essentials
- Grow the Business – Strategic Relationships
- Business Momentum & Service Excellence
- Business Value Phase
- Business Planning
- Tuning the Broker Engine
Mentees are required to have completed at least the Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking and be ready to join a mortgage broking Aggregation Group. Students who have completed the Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management directly will also be accepted to the myIntegrity Mentor Program.
Minimum entry requirements
- At least 18 years of age at the time of enrolment.
- Access to a computer and internet connection.
- Computer skills in WORD, PDF etc.
- Meet adequate levels in Language, Literacy & numeracy.
To successfully complete this course, learners will require basic computing skills. This may include:
- saving and editing Microsoft Office documents
- researching, accessing and searching the internet
- downloading and saving documents from websites
- uploading documents through website
Delivery & Support
Integrity Education recognises Mortgage Broking can be a solitary, and sometimes lonely, occupation and especially so in the first 2 years of a Broker’s business. The Business Matters sessions are designed to help Mentees overcome some of the common challenges all Brokers face which include:
- Business planning
- Lead generation, marketing and branding
- Deal structuring – deal scenarios and the loan process
- Client engagement skills through the entire loan journey
- Time management skills and workload managements
- Staying abreast of lender policy and product changes, and regulatory and compliance changes
- How to start and grow a business through proper processes and systems
- Business growth through building relationships
- Overcoming isolation through Peer to Peer support
A Monthly Workshop session may include:
- Instructor-led Peer to Peer supported learning
- Group activities, Deal Scenarios & Roleplays
- Lender panel / Guest Speakers
- Action Plans and Homework
- Inspirational stories (bi-monthly) attendance of 2-3 Brokers who have successfully transitioned in to a career as a Broker
The Certificate IV in Finance & Mortgage Broking is the minimum qualification required to become a Mortgage Broker as set out in ASIC’s RG206. This qualification will provide you with a variety of employment opportunities within the credit and finance industry such:
- Mortgage Broker
- Loan Processor/Writer
- Customer Service Officer (CSO)
- Lending Officers
- Credit Analyst
- Business Development Managers (of a Lender).
Those considering becoming a mortgage broker are enticed by the prospect of building their own brand, working their own hours and the unlimited earning potential. New to Industry brokers need to consider whether to start their career as a PAYG employee or to go it alone as a Sole Trader often weigh up the benefits of job security versus the unlimited (but high risk) potential to rapidly grow their income, respectively.
The FNS40815 Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking is the first step in the education journey of the modern Mortgage Broker.
Many Brokers continue to complete the FNS50315 Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management (upgrade). Membership to the MFAA requires members to complete the Diploma within 12 months of joining.
In a world where Mortgage Broking is fast becoming a profession, Integrity Graduates of the Diploma qualification may be entitled up to 8 credits (1 year) towards a Bachelor of Business Degree with a leading Australian University.
The Mentee will pay Integrity on a fee for service basis as follows:
- Program Establishment Fee $1,785 (+GST) upon acceptance of this Agreement. This represents pre-payment of 3 months’ service fee and is non-refundable if the Mentee withdraws from the Program before the expiry of the 3-month period (from the date of this Agreement).
- Mentor Investment Fee – $595 (+GST) per month for months 4 to 24.
The Mentee is required to pay a total of $7,140 (+GST) per annum, over the 24 month period.
myIntegrity Certified Mentors
Mentor selection is a crucial part of this journey in becoming a successful Mortgage Broker. Alignment of expectations, deliverables and commitment levels is a significant factor in the likelihood of a successful pairing.
Integrity Certified Mentors
The myIntegrity Mentor Program uses Integrity Certified Mentors.
Mentors must apply and undergo a selection process to become an “Integrity Certified Mentor”. The process builds on Industry minimum standards and involves reference checking and “social proofing” to ensure Mentors are of the required quality and calibre, and Mentors adhere to a “Personal and Professional Code of Conduct and Engagement”.
Mentees can find and choose with greater certainty a Mentor from the panel of Integrity Certified Mentors that is the right fit for them.
This saves the Mentee time and money, and ensure Mentors are aligned with individuals who are ready and willing to engage and learn the craft of being a Mortgage Broker.
Obligations and responsibilities in writing
Mentees and Mentors sign a Contractual Agreement with Integrity Education and the Agreement clearly details the obligations, responsibilities and duties of each party to the other.